This all got started when I wrote the book 50 Things to Know Before Having a Baby when I wanted to compile information quickly for others to learn from my experiences. Now after a local and national television appearance, a national radio show, and 10 authors later I have published over 300 books.
If you would like to know more about me I am a stay at home Mom, and I live with my husband, daughters, and cavalier king charles spaniel named Charlie in Lock Haven, PA.
I have been to over 35 states and over 15 countries. I have been to many states as I traveled the United States as a software trainer for over a two year period. I have also been on 14 cruises. I hope to give you some tips from my past and future trips.
Here are the places that I have been in the world:
View Where In the World Lisa has been in a larger map
- Charlie the Cavalier on Blogger: http://charlie-the-cavalier.blogspot.com will reach 2 MILLION views this month! How excited. Most of this excitement is due to the 50 Things to Know Before Having a Baby which I then turned into my first of over 100 50 Things to Know Books.
- Good Reads– A book review and share website. Please leave your comments on the book.
- My Google Plus Account Lisa Rusczyk has over 18.5 MILLION views.
- Amazon.com– Book reviews.
- Free Amazon Kindle Books– Books featured here when they are free during a promotion.
- Lisa Rusczyk M.Ed. Amazon Author Page
- Amazon Listmania– 50 Things to Know
- Pinterest 50 Things to Know
- Post on Hundred Zero
- Post on Top Guide 2012
- Lisa Rusczyk Author Interview on Kindle Publishing Help
- Fearless and Creative Mamas post on “50 Things to Know Before Going on a Job Interview” and other 50 Things to Know Books
- The views on YouTube all time have hit 120,000 views on https://www.youtube.com/user/lbrennec.
- Last year (2014) 50 Things to Know Books sold about 5,000 books in the past 2 years. Many more were downloaded on free days. This also means that I was about to donate $350 to teaching and learning since each book that is sold I said I would donate 10 cents per book. Including last year I have donated $500.
- There is now 14,500 followers on my Pinterest Account LBrennec. If you are wondering where lbrennec came from, it is my maiden name. When I created the account a long time ago it was more of a personal thing but now it is both
- Article in the Lock Haven Express a Lock Haven, Pennsylvania news paper for 50 Things to Know Before Having a Baby
- Article in the Lock Haven Express for talk at a Book Club at Central Mountain Middle School and Donation
- An appearance on PA Live a local Pennsylvania Newscast – Click to listen to why Lisa wrote the book and started the 50 Things to Know books
- 50 Things to Know PA Live and NEPA Blogs Blog of the Week
- Ready to Pop Baby Shower – Guys drinking from baby bottles on the Today Show
- Author Lisa Rusczyk on HLN with her FirePit Project
- Live Talk at Avenue 209 on Self-Publishing and Blogs and Ads OH MY!- 5 Steps to Self Publishing a Book and Actually Making Money
- Talk to LHU English Club on Self-Publishing (Fall 2013).
- Talk to the Central Mountain Middle School on Writing Books (Spring 2014).
- Chicago Radio Show with Dave Plier on The Voice of Chicago, 720 WGN on the book “50 Things to Know to Downsize Your Life”.
- The Michael Dresser Radio Show for the book “50 Things to Know to Self-Publish a Book on Amazon“. Interview found here.
Since 2013, $975 has been given way to teaching and learning.
Lisa Rusczyk Ed. D. read her book to 150 students in 2014 and 2015 combined.
Lock Haven – Ross Library 2015
$50 was donated to the library.
35 Books for the Lock Haven, PA Area 2015
Thirty-three books were donated to elementary and preschools in the Clinton Country Area. Two of the books were put in raffle baskets.
Author Lisa Rusczyk is on the Boar of Trustees at the Ross Library in Lock Haven, PA
Author Lisa Rusczyk Couponing Talk to College Students
Literary Kindness January 2014 With the Common Place Church
50 Things to Know and Charlie the Cavalier Books donates 10 cents for each book sold to teaching and learning. This year $150 was given for students to use to buy books for college. A student must be taking at least once college class to be entered in the drawing.
A student will receive $150 in cash plus what was is given to use for books at any place they choose to help reduce college costs. The Common Place church added $155 in 2014. Students signed up at church to be placed in the raffle. Two students names were chosen out of a hat at the end of the service to receive the money: $155 and $150.
BURKINA’S PROMISE, INC.
In 2013 a child was sponsored for a full year of school in Burkina Faso Africa. The goal of this organization is to educate students to break the cycle of poverty. The money assists with tuition, uniforms, books & supplies,1 bag of grain, and simple medical care. Please view Burkina’s Promise website for more information. Good Luck Anne with school this year!
Central Mountain Middle School Book Club, Mill Hall, PA.
A donation was given to the Central Mountain Middle school for their book club. The club meets to talk about what they are currently reading.
The club is now working on their own 50 Things to Know book.
Be Wise Campaign with the 2014 Lock Haven Mom Prom.
The Be Wise Campaign is a community based initiative focused on educating high school and college aged students about the importance of seeking quick medical attention for someone who is experiencing a drug overdose or alcohol poisoning.
Author Book Readings
Author Lisa Rusczyk has donated her books and read a locations around Lock Haven, PA. About 75 children were read to during the readings.
- Fall 2014 Renovo Elementary School
- Fall 2014 Ross Library
- Fall 2014 Acorn School).
Operation Christmas Child
Author Lisa Rusczyk helped organize an Operation Christmas Child event with the Common Place church in Lock Haven, PA.
In 2014, 16 boxes were collected, packed, and sent to kids in other countries of the world.
Please contact Lisa at email@example.com if you would like to sponsor us or become an author.