When I go on vacation, I want to “cation” as my daughter calls it. This past week we went to Ocean City, New Jersey with my sister and parents for a week. We had a great beach house but wanted to make food ahead of time so we could enjoy at stroll on the boardwalk at night and buy dessert out. Here is a list of the things we made of the week. Hopefully this will be a good reminder for our menu next year as well as give you some ideas for your vacation meals.
Snacks– Most of these things were made ahead of time and then stored in zip lock bags.
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Squares
- Brownies (in cup cake cups)
- Rice Cripsy Treats
Lunch or Dinners– Most of these things were made ahead of time and then stored in zip lock bags.
- Pulled Chicken (make in crock pot), brown rice (in bag), and canned corn.
- Hot Dogs and Beans
- Meatballs, chips and pretzels,
- Meatballs and spaghetti
- Sliced roast beef, chips, pretzels, and fruit
- Sliced ham with sides
- Turkey meat tacos
I would love to know your menu for vacations too!