If you have been following my pinterest boards you can see I helped with the first Operation Christmas Child Packing Party at my church. The party was a big success. If you like you can make one box or many on your own or with a group. Our church had the goal of 10. I will write some of the steps down so you can throw a small party with your group.
- Decide on a date when you will have the party.
- Set a Goal.
- Create a wish list of items.
- Collect items.
- Have your packing party.
I created 3 stations. A box wrapping station, a filling station, then a station to add a label, rubber bands,and a note. We also had a donation box on the last able because you need $7 to ship each box.
Here are some ideas that helped us and may help you:
- We did all one age group and gender so we could buy things in bulk.
- We decided to collect shoe boxes and wrap them but you can purchase shoes boxes from Operation Christmas Child and assemble them yourself.
- You can get donations from local business people. For example tooth paste or brush samples from a local dentist.
- You can have a fund raiser to raise money to ship the boxes or for supplies.
- The children in our church made bracelets and necklaces for the boxes.
This shows that even a small group of people can having a packing party to help children know that people around the world care for them. Learn more at the website: Operation Christmas Child.